Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back in black (hopefully)

Alright, after going dark for more than a year. Don't worry I haven't lost my touch. Just been trading out of the scene. I am finally back, and hopefully I will keep everyone in the black.

UPDATE:
Well, I know everyone probably want to know how my hedge funds investments turned out. Let's just say with the economic collapse of the world, spun with greedy ponzi scheme owners. My investments in that sector is gone. Am I devastated? Yes. Will I be back on my feet again this year? Yes. Am I still heavily investing, and giving awesome advice to my readership? Yes. So, life goes on....

Ok, now that I am done with the simple update. If you need more info. to be brought up to speed leave me comments. I will respond. Otherwise, lets jump right into investing. People are losing money left and right in this bear market and we need to fix that ASAP! LOL

Lets talk about my current portfolio:

Current positions:

NQDC (April $15) calls of Intel Corp. (INTC)
Cost basis: $.78
Contracts owned: 50
Current price of premium: $.30

NQGN (July $14) calls of Intel Corp. (INTC)
Cost basis: $1.20
Contracts owned: 10
Current price of premium: $1.08

WDOAB (Jan. 2010 $10) calls of Dow Chemical (DOW)
Cost basis: $2.30
Contracts owned: 10
Current price of premium: $1.28

Well, if you have been attuned to the market lately. You would have noticed a massive drop in stocks in the past month. I believe it's the market attempting to realize many of Obama's plans to get us out of this economic recession. So, as a trader my current recommendations to you is to stop trading and hold off on new positions. Seriously, take a month break. Give it another month at least, before jumping back in the game. Let the market realize what's going on instead of massive speculation in setting trends. You'll thank me later on the money you'll save.

If you insist on trading, I can recommend you adding to your current positions. Because they will continue to take a hit, during the month of March before rebounding. Therefore, it would be more beneficial for you to lower your cost basis than creating new positions that may decrease in value immediately.

As far as my portfolio goes... If the premium for NQDC falls at or below $.25 this week. I plan to add another 20 contracts to that position.

If the premium of NQGN falls at or below $.90 this week. I plan to add another 10 contracts to that position.

As far as my other Dow Chem. position goes... I am just holding will not add to it.

Wellp, I hope you are up to speed again. now that I am back. Stay tuned this week for my next post. As I talk about potential positions to enter, when this bearish move delays itself in the bear market.

No comments: